Stormy Weather


Hi folks! It's day six in Eswatini and so far, so good! Today was pretty chill actually. We were out the door by 8am today, which wasn't as bad as yesterday, and were headed to Ngwenya. It's a small area that is still in the process of being built. The pastor showed us around and the plans they had for the area but I don't remember much of what he said because I was too distracted by the baby I was allowed to hold. I think we should just appreciate the fact that I haven't taken at least one child home. Anyway, they are building a church there next to the paster's home along with a pre-school

While we were there, a group of children were entertained yet again by Liz Houston who read to them before we began handing out the kids clothes we'd brought with us. We weren't there for any longer than an hour before we were driving to a Swazi glass shop which we stopped to have coffee in and make a few purchases. Actually "a few" doesn't really cover what Liz Houston carried out. She may have bought the entire shop had we had more time.

It was then on to more shopping in the Gold Mile, tiny marketplace where we could find lots of local products and bargain for a lower price. We spent over an hour there, my mum and I making sure we always had Heather nearby, the woman could have bargained for an organ at half price! Needless to say I came out with several little things to take home.

Afterwards we went just across the road from our accommodation to spend some time with the Hawane children. Lots of team games were played and I probably did more exercise than I have in a long time just playing 'Stuck In The Mud'. Another thing to note is the change in Liz McAuley's attitude since coming to Eswatini. She began this trip worried that she wouldn't be any good with children. The same woman could be seen holding hands and playing with some of the young kids in Hawane. She would then later admit that "It wasn't so bad".

By the time we returned home it was time to get ready to go out again but this time it was a treat for ourselves. Thanks to Bill and Liz Houston, we were treated to dinner tonight at Spurs, a nearby steakhouse! I was so hungry that as soon as the food was set down in front of me, it was gone. In fact everyone ate well tonight!

Oh and I almost forgot to mention today's weather which was particularly exciting. Thankfully it was pretty mild however at 3pm the thunder and lightning began. It went on for at least six hours and just half an hour ago the thunder was so loud and strong that the house- or at least my room- began to quake. That sent me downstairs fairly quickly.

Anyway I'm going to end here considering it's getting pretty late and I'm so tired I might fall asleep trying to type any more! God bless!

"Be sincere in your love for others. Hate everything that is evil and hold tight to everything that is good" Romans 12:9 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And So It Begins...

S-P-A-R

It's Absolutely Boiling Here!