The Story So Far...


Hello everyone! I'm back at it again with the blog, coming to you live from Hawane, Eswatini. We all made it, thankfully, and I can't tell you how grateful I am to be able to say that, for it has been one heck of a journey.

We made it to Dublin with no hassles whatsoever and even enjoyed a late lunch at AppleGreen where I managed to down at least two milkshakes and a cup of coffee the size of a soup bowl. All was well among the Team and with the prospect of an adventure ahead of us, we were all looking forward to what was to come. We encountered few hassles getting through Dublin airport (aside from the mile long queue at security). In fact we made it easily to London! It was there we wandered through duty free, played Heads Up and drank yet more coffee (Thanks to David Cameron from church who gave us the money towards it! You're the best!). Things were going great...and then we got on our second flight of the evening.

It went down hill from there.

A list of problems faced by the Eswatini Team 2019:

  •  We were delayed for an hour due to faults with the plane. 
  • A couple of hours into the flight and we got the worst turbulence. We were being served tea and coffee at the time. I'm sure you can imagine how that went down. It was so bad the staff whisked away with my tea and didn't return :( 
  • Then a member of the team took a turn for the worst, giving us a scare. However, they made a swift recovery after Heather in the form of Florence Nightingale came to the rescue.
  • Things only went from bad to worse after we landed. Bill thought he'd left his medication on the plane and was sent back to ask the staff to find his tablets. However, staff went looking for a tablet in the form of an Ipad meaning Bill was sent back a second time to clarify. Only for it to be discovered that the medication was actually in their bag.
  • The next problem involved me, myself and I as I tried to make it through Passport Control. They say the Devil works hard, but the passport control lady could sure give him a run for his money. She was adamant I was not going to be entering the country without my birth certificate and a letter from my father giving his approval for me to travel with my mother. Needless to say I had neither. And so I became an illegal immigrant for all of 30 minutes. Prayers were said and in no time at all help came in the form of the supervisor who informed us that she would let us through with pictures of the required documents. Dad pulled through and sent the photos needed and I'm proud to say I am no longer an illegal alien.
  • Just as I made it through Passport control, it was discovered that Liz McAuley's and my own suitcase were missing. Later to be discovered at the British Airways desk???
  • Then there was a hassle getting the cars because we needed border clearance from the missionary team in Eswatini.
  • After everything, it turned out I really did need my birth certificate to get into Eswatini and after more prayers and the kindness of a man in a shop, we finally got them printed out!
After many hours of flying and driving, we eventually made it to Hawane and had a lovely meal waiting for us when we got in. We are extremely tired and so I'm going to sign off here. God bless!










"Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God." Philipians 4:6 


Comments

  1. Hello Ballywillan Eswatini Eleven. On Sunday morning I saw online your commissioning by the Rev Jim Waring. Who could ever have imagined what God was going to do when the church in Antioch sent out Paul and Barnabus ? And who can imagine what purposes God has for you among His people in Eswatini and in Ireland ? Ephesians 2 v 10
    I pray for your safety and good health. You are Christ's ambassadors.
    Ron McCartney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Amy. Glad you've all arrived safely if not tired. The real work can begin now. Keep smiling all. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for the update, I have been thinking and praying for you all. I hope your feeling rested and energised for your work ahead. Lots of love and prayers. Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been really enjoying your updates Amy. Sounds like after an 'interesting' start to your trip you have all settled down and enjoying every minute of your experiences. Rest assured we are thinking and praying for you all. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toto: Titanium Rod Information and Statistics - Tioga
    The Toto microtouch titanium trim as seen on tv TOTO is a series of Rods with the same shape titanium carabiners as the original. The Toto Rod features a standard rod head and one titan metal end babyliss pro titanium for use as micro touch titanium trim where to buy a bait-and-switch

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

S-P-A-R

And So It Begins...

It's Absolutely Boiling Here!